About Buzz Marathon
SO WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?
Revenue from Buzz Marathon helps fund the athletic programs at Lillian Larsen Elementary School grades K-8, and USAWOA Gold Coast Chapter project: the Sacramento Children’s Receiving Home.
Moderate February climate upper 50’s to mid 60’s by day and upper 30’s to low 40’s overnight. Average annual rainfall is less than 15″ – low relative humidity.
All races are run on the grounds of Camp Roberts, just north of San Miguel, California. Out-and-back course on paved road with dirt and packed gravel shoulders. Flat to gentle rolling hills, with breathtaking views of oak-studded hillsides, Salinas and Nacimiento Rivers and abundant Central Coast wildlife. Start line is at 620′ in front of gymnasium and rises to 997′ at the marathon turn-around spot.
Parking is behind the gymnasium and along (but not on) the parade ground/air field.
T-shirt and finisher medal to all participants. Plaque to first place in each race.
A course tour by bus will be available at 4:00pm (1600 base time) – a good chance to get parking/security taken care of before race day.
- Marathon Gary Gellin 2:42:36 (2013)
- Tiffany Gummow 3:27:45 (2013)
- 1/2 Marathon Benjamin Walker 1:18:59 (2013)
- Suzanne Forzetting 1:35:54 (2013)
- 5K Matthew Kwiatkowski 17:34.0 (2013)
- Mariah Cordova 25:34.0 (2013)
- Childern’s (under age 12)
- Mile Jeremiah Navarro 5:23.0 (2013)
- Courtney Walburger 6:48.0 (2013)