About Buzz Marathon
SO WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?
Revenue from Buzz Marathon helps fund the athletic programs at Lillian Larsen Elementary School and the Wounded Warrior Program.
Moderate February climate upper 50’s to mid 60’s by day and upper 30’s to low 40’s overnight. Average annual rainfall is less than 15″ – low relative humidity.
All races are run on the grounds of Camp Roberts, just north of San Miguel, California. Out-and-back course on paved road with dirt and packed gravel shoulders. Flat to gentle rolling hills, with breathtaking views of oak-studded hillsides, Salinas and Nacimiento Rivers and abundant Central Coast wildlife. Start line is at 620′ in front of gymnasium and rises to 997′ at the marathon turn-around spot.
Parking is behind the gymnasium and along (but not on) the parade ground/air field.
T-shirt and finisher medal to all participants. Plaque to first place in each race.
A course tour will be available at 4:00pm (1600 base time) – a good chance to get parking/security taken care of before race day.
- Marathon Gary Gellin 2:42:36 (2013)
- Tiffany Gummow 3:27:45 (2013)
- 1/2 Marathon Benjamin Walker 1:18:59 (2013)
- Suzanne Forzetting 1:35:54 (2013)
- 5K Matthew Kwiatkowski 17:34.0 (2013)
- Mariah Cordova 25:34.0 (2013)
- Childern’s (under age 12)
- 0.9 Mile Jeremiah Navarro 5:23.0 (2013)
- Courtney Walburger 6:48.0 (2013)